Here is some very wise advice folks. People being people, we can all fall into one or more these traps to one degree of another.
Keep your perspectives
1. They always talk about writing but never actually do it.
2. They constantly beg other writers to read their stuff [for free].
3. They shower their followers with endless complaints about how awful it is to be a writer.
4. They only talk about themselves, even in their work.
5. Every conversation has to be about their writing life.
6. All they ever do online is promote their accomplishments.
7. They get overly defensive when others comment on and/or criticize their work.
8. They refuse to collaborate and interact with other writers and readers.
9. They’re “never wrong.”
10. They only put down and pick apart others.
11. Their way is the only way.
12. They deliberately discourage others from trying to make a living as writers.
13. They insist on being “the next J.K. Rowling.” Even when they haven’t published anything yet.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions…
View original post 54 more words